Sunday, March 16, 2008

Entry into Jerusalem...


"He did not deem equality with God something to be grasped at."

Most of the people who followed Jesus applauded his entry into Jerusalem, only to abandon him a few days later. Traditionally, many people who never go to church throughout the year, do so during Holy Week - or at least on Good Friday. They weren't with the Lord in the good times, waving the palms all around, but they come to console him in the bad times... they console him in his sufferings by their repentance.

3 comments:

  1. I was one of those who would appear during Holy Week I knew when Lent was happening. I was happy to receive Christ...but I couldn't abide His suffering, but through an act. Because I was one who had betrayed Him for so long, and I knew it.

    It was just before Holy Week that I made my 12 year confession...and now I try to go every Holy Week, and usually still need to.

    Just yesterday I read a revelation from St. Padre Pio, my spiritual father; he spoke of Jesus' tears from betrayal of those He loves. We should all weep when we consider Jesus' tears. Because He wept for us...not for Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Adoro. Thanks for that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He did not deem equality with God something to be grasped at."

    I have always found consolation in the above text. I've enamored with it ever since I can remember. It makes me aware that it's not that God doesn't exist, it's simply that my feeble mind CANNOT comprehend Him or His ways. I'm simply not His equal.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.