"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Social event of the neighborhood...

"Take Back the Night" or something.

My neighbors across the street are insisting I join them tonight for their block party. I can't really pretend I'm not home or anything like that - they can see my house. I guess it's something to do with "National Night Out" - can't those people down the block just be content with a wave and a smile when they see me out in the yard, or when I drive by? (I'm sure that crazy woman with the kids will be there too.) Do I have to bring some kind of picket sign? Is this about people "coming out" - I'm so against that. (There are a lot of lesbians in the neighborhood.)

If I show up, maybe I should wear my goalie mask and bring my chainsaw - since I'm trimming trees in my yard.

5 comments:

  1. You should wear the "wife-beater" tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I heard your name mentioned on the police scanner last night!

    I think a Freddy Krueger mask with the long razor nails on your hand would be a better and more fearsome neighborly touch then the Leatherface/Jason melding. Just trying to give you some fashion advice here, hon.

    Yes, I'm the one who keeps deleting my comments. I can't type very well today. But, it keeps your stats up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ended up not going - they did not put traffic blocks up and I was afraid I'd get hit by a car if I crossed the street. (It's hard to see with that goalie mask on. And Cath, my last surgery already made me look like Freddy - hence the goalie mask.)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.