Saturday, January 27, 2018

Working on a project that will never be finished.



I'm finishing a retablo of a saint.  It's a little painting, acrylic on craft shop board which I gessoed.  I like these because it has a laser cut frame to it which reminds me of Mexican retablo frames.  Anyway, I've been doing small paintings again - but they take me longer than they used to.  I'll put them on Etsy as a collection in the next week or so.  I'll be increasing my pricing a little to account for time spent.  Over Christmas I reduced pricing - but since things didn't sell for cheap, I may as well put them back at a fair trade price point.  I think I cheat myself otherwise.

Isn't that interesting?

I know.  I don't have a lot to say.

When I do, I'm usually mistaken or out of step with everyone else.

That's not a bad thing, however.

As a meditation from Madeleine Delbrel reminded me:

 Not only that he will not be valued by others but that even in his own eyes he will seem to have no value.
Not only that he will put all his energy into a task, but he will not know the point of the task; not only will he be unaware of who started the job and who will finish it but he will know nothing of the work of God in which it plays a part.
Not only does he fight but he is also peaceable, for it will always be God—all powerful, all loving as he is—who will complete with his power and his love what he has begun and is continuing. He awaits from God with a boundless confidence that for which he is working with all the powers at his command and which his own power is unable to achieve. It is from God that he asks that his will may be done; it is from God that he expects his kingdom may come; prayer is for him the energy of his deeds. - Madeleine Delbrel

Song for this post here.

5 comments:

  1. Well now, looks like I am in for some shopping in the next week or two. ;)

    Looking forward to see what you put up dear Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second attempt at this post as the other one seems to have run off ...

    As previously stated, looks like I am in for a bit of shopping in the next week or two. ^^ Looking forward to see what you put up dear Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand what's up with comments - checked moderation but there aren't any recent ones there???

      Delete
    2. Glad I am not the only one this is happening to, but it is frustrating. Maybe diabolical. It is humbling though and kind of teaches a lesson. Our words often just disappear. What is this sale? When?

      Delete
  3. Selling any of St. Therese??

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.