"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A turbulent papacy ...

The pilgrim pope.

Blessed Paul VI, Giovanni Battista Montini was elected as Successor of Peter on the 21st June 1963. - Vatican Radio

I considered him the first Fatima pope.

The Holy Father in Jerusalem.

I also considered him 'my' pope - he was pope
when I fell away from the sacraments,
and he was pope when I returned.
I was happy to be in Rome a couple of summers
before his death.  I was able to attend
some of his Masses.
I love him to this day
and rejoice he is beatified.

"For I decided to know nothing while I was with you 
except Jesus Christ and Him crucified ..."

I loved the crucifix of Paul VI
and always wore a replica of it 
while on pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.