"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Palm Sunday - The Passion of the Lord

Everybody dies...

I just learned of the death of a priest friend.  I lost touch with him.  We met in Assisi and he was my confessor while I was there.  He arranged for me to make a hermit retreat in the newly restored apartments of St. Joseph Cupertino at the Sacro Convento.

I feel ashamed, because I didn't keep in touch, save for a card here and there.  The last time I looked him up he was fine.  I Googled him Saturday evening and discovered he had died suddenly - two years ago.

He was greatly loved by all who knew him.

Please remember him in prayer.

Fr. George Sandor, OFM Conv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.