"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Jordanian Pilot Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh Burned Alive by ISIS



From Huffington Post:
A video circulating on social media on Tuesday appears to show the murder of a Jordanian fighter pilot by militants of the Islamic State group.

Supporters shared a video purporting to show Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh dressed in an orange jumpsuit standing in a cage, before being burned alive. - Finish reading here.


Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord,
 Lord, hear my voice!
O let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleading.

*
Rescue me, Lord, from evil men;
from the violent keep me safe,
from those who plan evil in their hearts
and stir up strife every day;
 who sharpen their tongue like an adder's,
with the poison of viper on their lips.
*
To you, Lord God, my eyes are turned:
in you I take refuge; spare my soul!
 From the trap they have laid for me keep me safe:
keep me from the snares of those who do evil.
 Let the wicked fall into the traps they have set
while I pursue my way unharmed.


O my God!  I am heartily sorry ...