"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Brother Paul O’Donnell, Franciscan Brothers of Peace, RIP



I was just informed Franciscan Br. Paul O'Donnell died suddenly today.  Br. Paul was the Guardian of the Franciscan Brothers of Peace, a diocesan community of friars in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I found this tribute at National Right to Life:

One of the sweetest, kindest men I have ever known passed away today. I can’t imagine that it was his time but God knows these things, not me. Brother Paul was only 55 years old. He was the Superior at the Franciscan Brothers of Peace, a stalwart advocate for life throughout its spectrum, and he was my friend – for well over 25 years. He was also one of my heroes. 
Brother Paul was a founder of the Pro-Life Action Ministries and served with them still. He was a board member of the Terri Schiavo Life and Hope Network, and a valiant spokesperson for life. - Jacki Ragan, NRLNews

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.