"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

President Obama and the Francis Effect

Go out and make a mess, Poodle!

President Obama is right now, right here in Minneapolis!

He will be here for two days!  Two days!

He is just like Pope Francis - he comes down to the little people!  He's one of us!

Crowd control.

10:00 am ET || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
10:50 am ET || Departs White House
12:25 pm CT || Arrives Minneapolis, Minnesota
2:15 pm CT || Hosts a town hall meeting; Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis
7:30 pm CT || Delivers remarks and answers questions at a fundraiser for congressional Democrats; private residence, Minneapolis

While in Minneapolis, the president will also spend time with Rebekah – a woman who wrote him a letter – her family and community members and discuss issues they care about, according to the White House. - Source

Song for this post here.


  1. Dear Lord - I hope you got your lawn mowed!

    BTW - my Aunt Laurie in St. Paul (by marriage) died June 16th. I found out by accident as not one member of my family informed me.

    She was my only tie to Minnesota since no one else will speak to me...

    Say a prayer for her. Thanks...

    1. I will pray. Strange - my uncle died a couple of years ago and no one told me either.

  2. And here I thought the song would be "If I Only Had A Brain"(referring to the POTUS!:-)

    1. I posted the scarecrow as me self. ;)

  3. Glad to see you're still going strong, Mr. Terry. I would hate to visit blogger without you in it. :-)

    Hilary was or will be here in Las Vegas to do...stuff. Don't know what her business is nor do I care to find out. I do hope, however, that she finds the necessary support to live the life that she is accustomed to, since she recently declared that she was or is broke. I try to ignore both the Clintons and the Obamas. God bless and take care!

    1. Tom! How are you? So good to hear from you! I think of you often and your name is still right there on my prayer list. God bless you!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.