"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Holy Father on Retreat...

Cardinal Burke sneaking in at the back.

I'm going to unite my prayer to his - praying with him and for him and the curia on retreat with him.  I love the photo. H/T Fr. Jerabek.

1 comment:

  1. Most of those holy gents I know...not personally but well, after watching Papa Francis for a year, one does feel like they are part of the familia. ^^ I am happy he sits next to one who was a personal favorite of mine to become pope but Tata Dios had other plans. ^^

    The cardinal in the front who heads the "cultural department" of the Vatican, Cardinal Ravesi is it? Was he not also considered a contender? What's he doing staring up at the ceiling...that picture would make for some great roasting, Terry.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.