Saturday, August 24, 2013

An Intercessor for the Middle East: The Little Arab

Blessed Mary of Jesus Crucified.


Blessed Mary of Jesus Crucified died on the 26 of August 1878, which happens to be the feast of the Transverberation of the heart of St. Teresa of Avila, which in turn explains why Blessed Mary's feast day is celebrated on the 25 of August.  Bl. Mary is a wondrous saint - many mystical graces marked her life, reminiscent of the marvelous accounts of the saints as told in The Golden Legend.  Bl. Mary's extraordinary charismata took place in modern times and are well documented by eye witnesses.  I reprint one of her famous prayers here: 

“Holy Spirit, inspire me. Love of God consume me.
Along the true road, lead me.
Mary, my good mother, look down upon me.
With Jesus, bless me.
From all evil, all illusion, all danger, preserve me.”
- Blessed Mary of Jesus Crucified, OCD


"Warships move toward Syria" - Pray.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite "local" saints are St. Sharbel (Lebanon) and St. Ephrem (Syria).

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.