"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mass chat: The Holy Father heard confessions - on Sunday.

Keep the light on.

Some people have problems with hearing confessions on a Sunday.  I think that's dumb.  I wish every parish had more than one priest, one could be in the confessional, the other saying Mass.  Or the priest could hear confessions before Mass - while people are adoring the Blessed Sacrament before Mass.

Anyway, the Holy Father visited a Roman parish today, and...
Early on Sunday the feast of the Holy Trinity Pope Francis made his first Pastoral visit to a Diocese in Rome. The Parish of Saint Elisabeth and Zechariah gave the Pope a rapturous welcome as he arrived by helicopter to celebrate Mass and administer the Sacrament of Holy Communion to 16 children. Also in a first for a Pope on a visit to a parish, the Holy Father heard the confessions of a least 7 people. - Vatican Radio
I wish I could go to confession to him.

When I was very young I wanted to be a priest just so I could hear confessions and give people last rites... in other words, save souls.

More chat:  I've only had two really bad confession experiences that I can recall.  Once when I was convinced I knew more than the confessor and was miffed he wasn't impressed by my self-knowledge and humility.  LOL!  The other, when a priest told me he wasn't my mother (?) and that homosexual acts were not a mortal sin.  I had to beg him for absolution.  I think he had mental problems and may have been in treatment at the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.