"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, March 02, 2012

Someone famous died.

Andrew Brietbart.

I had no idea who he was.  I think I may have linked to a Brietbart news story on occasion - but I had no idea who or what he was or what he stood for.  (I only recently found out that Drudge was a person named Matt.)

Davy Jones.

I knew who he was of course, but I was never a fan.  Never liked the Monkees - they were a product, a commercial exploit, a mediocre imitation of the Beatles as they were depicted in their film, Help; the Monkees were produced for TV.  I think he must have been a good man however, and was able to make a decent living.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Art:  First Mourning - Bouguereau

1 comment:

  1. I always liked this painting. Adam, Eve and Abel.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.