"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Memorial of Blessed Francisco and Jacinta Marto


“Tell everybody that God grants graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary...” - Bl. Jacinta
Blessed Francisco and Jacinta, pray for us.

Little Jacinta died on this date in 1920.

6 comments:

  1. I was always so fascinated by them as a child.
    My grandma really made the story come alive.

    Didn't know today was their Feast Day - it's also my daughter's 5th birthday! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting of these little saints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why the died so quickly?

    What am I missing here?

    *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SF - I like this one better than the one Fr. Fox 'ordered'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pablo - you know the story of Fatima.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy - happy birthday to your daughter - may Bl. Jacinta be her BFF!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.