Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are some of us just pawns in one big ecclesiastical chess game?

Sometimes it can seem that way.
.
Currently 'they' are saying the current Vatican inquiry casts doubts on Bishop Peric's position on Medjugorje.
.
Supposedly Vatican spokesman Fr. Lombardi has stated Bishop Peric is no longer the authority in the final decision regarding the authenticity of the alleged apparitions at Medjugorje, and that his former position was simply personal opinion. - Source 
.
I have to question that type of spin.
.
I found a more accurate report at CNA: Holy See confirms creation of Medjugorje Commission.
.
My advice - wait for the final 'official' report to come out. 
.
In the meantime check and re-check your news sources and watch how writers spin the information.  I came across a subtle bit of editorializing regarding the Boulder, CO, Sacred Heart School situation on another more credible blog, claiming the lesbian couple "tried to force a (their) child into a Catholic school" - there is absolutely no evidence that was the case, or the intention of the two mothers involved in that particular situation.

4 comments:

  1. Maria9:26 AM

    Terry:
    You state that :"I came across a subtle bit of editorializing regarding the Boulder, CO, Sacred Heart School situation on another more credible blog, claiming the lesbian couple "tried to force a (their) child into a Catholic school"--

    Where did you read this? I haven't read this anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr. Z's post. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

    BTW - I do not play chess, so I don't know what role pawns and bishops play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's here:
    http://wdtprs.com/blog/2010/03/catholic-league-responds-to-the-view-about-the-boulder-co-school-dust-up/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry: Thanks. Still, you have to love the ever fearless Bill Donohue. I love him and all the fighting Irish. And in good Irish tradition he takes on all comers!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.