"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, April 04, 2011

Great quote.


Regarding the failure of leadership by bishops and other Catholic leaders, Fr. Corapi, states, "I sympathize with anybody's dilemma who is in authority - but I only sympathize with it to a point." He explains, "If you don't have a backbone, you can't stand up straight. And if you can't stand, you're apt to fall for anything." - Source
FYI:  I'm actually beginning to think that Corapi is most likely innocent of the charges against him - whatever those entail.  But as far as I'm concerned, this little upset to the 'brand' is certainly good for the soul.
*Originally published October 9, 2009


  1. Humiliations should never be wasted!

  2. A Random Friar9:05 PM

    I wish I had the power to order everyone to his or her corner for a quiet timeout.

    Let the facts come up, let justice prevail, but let charity triumph over rumors and attacks.

  3. "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
    -- Alexander Hamilton

    Sorry. LOL. Just saying. Oh the poor, dear Padre...


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.