Monday, June 30, 2008

What Bishop DiLorenzo knew.



Stunningly disappointing.
.

"The Roman Catholic bishop of Richmond was told that a diocesan charity planned to help a teenage foster child get an abortion in January and did not try to prevent the procedure." - Rorate Caeli
.

Two thoughts.
.

I don't know the bishop of course, but it seems to me it wasn't as if the bishop was prevented by outside forces from investigating the matter further, and intervening.
.

I really think many people - even in the Church (I'm not saying this is the case with DiLorenzo) - are not convinced abortion is murder - they do not believe that a human life is actually ended by the barbarous procedure. Or worse, they just do not care.

7 comments:

  1. Please tell me this story is incomplete or just an urban tale, and that the apathetic reaction of this bishop has been exagerrated.

    I just simply CANNOT believe the Church (in Richmond) pushed in favor of a pro-abortion agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known his reputation for a while. Very orthodox and has a record of driving liberals nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently met someone who thought that the Richmond diocese had problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. patience requires one to wait and see what facts come forth if any. It certainly has the face of scandal - but then how are we to know what the Bishop knew and when he knew it.

    However, that charity (if one can call an organization that procures abortion 'charity') must be removed from the Body of Christ. Better to perish with one eye than the whole body cast into Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:23 PM

    Richmond is notorious for its problems. (In the past I lived in Northern Va for quite a few years and have friends from Richmond who have fought the good fight there long and hard) I don't know about this bishop, though, but if the past ones are any indication...God help the true Catholics there who strive to hold onto and witness to the faith in spite of the way-out-there liberals running the diocese and parishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this photo the bishop looks like Diane - very few people will know who I am talking about though.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.