Wednesday, April 03, 2019

St. Nunzio Sulprizio

St. Nunzio Sulprizio
Terry Nelson
2019
St. Nunzio, pray for us.

I was attracted to Nunzio Sulprizio many years ago, since he led a difficult life and suffered abuse in his childhood and teen years.  His story and example of patience in suffering is remarkable.  Go here for an overview of his life.

I repost the painting I did of him, having added a rosary, one of his attributes.  He was nineteen when he died, and I tried to depict him as a young man, rather than a child.  Very faintly at the top of the hill is an indication of Our Lady, the alley is an impression of the location of the blacksmith shop he worked at.  

6 comments:

  1. Kudos. Terry another inspiring piece of art. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing guy. Wish I could meet you before I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We will meet in heaven.

      Delete
  3. we are a little German-language (excuse my poor english) catholic non profit magasin and in the next number we bring a presentation of this touching saint. On searching for pictures I found this beautiful painting with the explaination. One can see the shyness, the suffering and the joy of Nuntio. We really loved to share it to our readers, I hope this would be Ok for you. Maybe we could you send an examplaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking. Yes, by all means, use the painting for your magazine, you have my permission. I always allow my work to be reproduced when it is used for increasing devotion to the saints. - Terry Nelson

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much - if you would like an exemplaire, just tell me. (werner.p@seligpreisungen.org) - Werner Pfenningberger, Feuer und Licht

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.