Saturday, June 10, 2017

This is beautiful ...



Confirmation at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis.

Confirmations in the Traditional Rite followed by a Pontifical High Mass at the Faldstool took place June 7th, 2017, at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis, MN celebrated by the Most Reverend Andrew Cozzens. The music, featuring Palestrina’s Missa Papae Marcelli, was provided by the Chorus Omnium Sanctorum. Confirmands from five area parishes participated and nearly 700 were in attendance. - Fr. Z

It's soooooooooooooo Catholic! 

2 comments:

  1. High liturgies are so beautiful. It is what the Protestants objected too. So in the ecumenical zeal we have adopted their rubrics. Do not get me wrong. I love the Mass and the kernel is still there but I do also love the pomp and circumstance of baroque settings with all the trappings. On another note Terry. Somehow my weather alert app thinks I live in Minnesota. I keep getting weather alerts got Hennepin County. I hope the severe storms they are warning me about do no harm. I have gone in to correct but they just keep warning me about your hometown? Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good - just a few branches down around me. More storms on their way I guess.

      I love the traditional Mass - just looking at the photo at top is edifying. The Ordinary Form of Mass is just fine for me as well - the pastor at my parish is part of the community of priests associated with the bishop in the photo. The Ordinary Form is celebrated with reverence and decorum and the homilies are great. I especially appreciate the simplicity of the OF or the low Mass in the EF - but I am always edified by a Pontifical Mass.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.