Saturday, June 24, 2017

Cardinal Burke really gets around.

“Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby” 




If you didn't know better you'd think he's Cardinal Congeniality, celebrity ambassador of goodwill.

He appears all over the world.  Just a bit ago he was in Brazil, now he's in Chartres, talking about the dubia and Fatima consecrations and stuff.  He really makes the rounds.  Reminds me of a priest I know.

Truth be told, if you weren't Catholic all you'd think the Pope does is meet and greet groups of people and heads of state.  Nice work if you can get it.  I guess.  Most of it has absolutely nothing to do with salvation.

So why do people make such a big deal about what they say when they're meeting and greeting with all of these people, and in some cases being wined and dined and posing for endless photo ops?  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Something I read in a fortune cookie: Try to engage in critical thinking before jumping to conclusions.

Works for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.