"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, September 30, 2016

St. Jerome, patron saint of kitty kats and the irascible

What?  That's a kitty kat in the picture.

He was a volatile man - irascible - which is why he did a lot of penance.  Imagine if he had a blog ... he'd be Mark Shea.

Evidently he liked to take his clothes off too - because he is often shown naked.  So gross.

Jerome reading 'Penance For Dummies':

"First: take all your clothes off.
Then take a stone 
and pound it against your chest,
until you see blood.
Repeat as often as necessary,
especially after telling off
people who disagree with you."

Anyway - my favorite quote from St. Jerome:
"He who clings to the Chair of Peter is accepted by me."
Works for me. 


  1. I like St. Jerome cause he loved the Church despite being a grouch. He may have seen hope in it all as Jesus loves us unconditionally. St. Jerome pray for me cause I am a grouch too.

    My favorite St. Jerome quote:

    "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."

  2. Awwww...He LUBS that kitty Kat ! He fed him really, really great Saint food and that kat grew and grew, and then the Saint painted his sharp little nails a beautiful blood red, and then St. Jerome put the Cardinal Hat on the Kitty and it purred and purred. Then they went to Heaven Together, as besties.
    oh ! Perhaps your gallows humor is twisting my little mind, Terry.

  3. From my tiny blog:

    "Woman is the gate of the devil, the road to iniquity, the sting of the scorpion, in a word, a dangerous species."

    *raises eyebrow*


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.