"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii

May 8th.

See Fr. Jerabek's blog for the story and the Supplica.

Years ago as a child I took refuge in Our Lady under this title, and I return once again today to Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, refuge of sinners.


  1. I love all things Pompeii! Even though it is marked on my calendar, I needed your reminder.
    Father Jerabek's version of the prayer is a big help; it's the first time I have been able to read through it out loud without stumbling.
    Thank you, Terry.

  2. You are welcome - I found Fr. J's version easy to read as well.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.