"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Saturday stuff - stuffed toys, rabbits, bears, cats - err ... not that kind of stuff.

So anyway.

I want to thank all my friends online who came to support me when I was sad.  You know who you are and what you did.  For a long time I thought online friends weren't real - kind of like the stuffed toys I had as a kid - but I found out you are real, and my sadness turned to joy.  Thank you all very much.

A good lesson from Today's readings at Mass:
Thus says the LORD:
If you remove from your midst oppression,
false accusation and malicious speech;
If you bestow your bread on the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted;
Then light shall rise for you in the darkness,
and the gloom shall become for you like midday;
Then the LORD will guide you always
and give you plenty even on the parched land.
He will renew your strength,
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring whose water never fails.
The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake,
and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up;
“Repairer of the breach,” they shall call you,
“Restorer of ruined homesteads.”
- Isaiah 58: 9B-14
“Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.” - Luke 5: 27-32

Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Incline your ear, O LORD; answer me,
for I am afflicted and poor. - Ps. 84

It is good to be afflicted and poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.