Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pictures at a Consistory.

Cardinal Bertone with Emeritus Pope Benedict.


Two Popes.

Fr. Z has photos from the consistory today, the feast of the Chair of Peter.  Pope Benedict was invited and participated.  It is an excellent symbol of continuity of the papacy, and in itself it is no small consolation and assurance that the Holy Spirit is guiding the Church.  Fr. Z has more photos here.

It warms my heart to see Pope Benedict.  I also love Pope Francis, but I'm tired of reading what others write about what he says, as well as reading stories based upon incomplete soundbites intended to suggest he changed Catholic teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.