"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Missing Pope Benedict

A year ago today he announced his resignation.

What a shock.  A year later I still miss him very much.

A year later we have a new Pope, which Archbishop Ganswein said would never have happened without Pope Benedict stepping aside:
“We are all seeing the impact of Pope Francis on the world, not only on the faithful in the Church, but on the world; it is a huge impact, and this impact was also facilitated by Pope Benedict in his resignation. He opened up a possibility that until then was not there, and we see that Pope Francis has taken up this situation and we are pleased that today it is so. " - Vatican News

I pray every night for both Popes - with a special mention for Archbishop Ganswein and Mons. Ratzinger, the retired Holy Father's brother.  They are like family, don't you think?
Today I ask you to join me in prayer for His Holiness Benedict XVI, a man of great courage and humility.” - Pope Francis


  1. +JMJ+

    I miss him a lot, too.

    1. I really loved him more than any pope in my lifetime - second runner up would be John Paul the First - third runner up, John XXIII.

  2. Happy Our Lady of Lourdes feast-day to you Terry and to ALL your readers here. I miss Pope emeritus Benedict XVI quite a lot, too!!...

  3. He certainly made himself crystal clear whenever he spoke! I miss the clarity.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.