Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Danish Royal Family in Art



Many people seem not to like the new portrait.

They think it's creepy.  Art is too subjective - every one is an expert.  (Hi!)

I like it.  Very surreal and yet ... very real - in a 'Lord of the World' sort of way...

Seriously, the post-post-modern composition is wonderfully theatrical - it reminds me of an ad for a play or a film, posed on set with the entire cast.  How appropriate for monarchy without power.  Which is why I like it - it's honest and real.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    It looks like one of the old V.C. Andrews covers to me!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.