"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Divine Mercy Sunday

Jesus, I trust in you.

Proclaim to the whole world my unfathomable Mercy. (1142)

Tell aching mankind to snuggle close to my Merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace. (1047)

I am Love and Mercy itself.  When a soul approaches me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls. (1074)


  1. Happy Divine Mercy Sunday, Terry!

  2. Patricia Heaton just RT'ed https://twitter.com/tinmyheart/status/320983101805326336 metatweeting your recent post re: Pope Francis "offline" soul.

    The paintbrush apostolate may now be officially second-rank to your pixel apostolate, chuckle!

    My take on mercy-meme here:
    and https://twitter.com/MrsKrishan/status/304686447410163712

  3. Happy Feast day to you too Angela.

    Clare? Patricia Heaton twittered my post?

  4. Yup -- she was bemoaning her internet provider being "down" and in a suitably serene Sabbath-spirit commiserated by retweeting (ie forwarding) Tinmyheart's tweet with your blog-post URL mention of the Pope's perpetual offline status! (she shows up as on of the avatars on the tweet if you use your browser to access it here

    (I spotted it when it showed up in my twitter feed -- I follow Patricia Heaton and Feminists for Life)

    Happy Merry Divine Mercy Second Monday in Eastertide!

  5. ... for posterity's sake I made a screen dump of yesterday morning's twitterfeed I can email it to you if you let me clare(dot)krishan(at)comcast(dot)com know where to email it to? Cheerio


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.