Sunday, December 30, 2012

Things everyone should know: Like, there are 12 months in 2012 - which ones were the best?

Bella Dodd: "They're everywhere!"


Or 12 ways to get through a year... month by month.

Face it - I have nothing to blog about but I want to write something, helping people to find out the best way to be Catholic, or to know everything they must know but didn't know before... that kind of stuff.  Oh!  Oh!  The top 12 Catholics of 2012!  That's a good one.  Or the the top 10 most memorable tweets in the past 12 minutes. 

See.  Other bloggers have nothing to write about either.

Because that is the kind of crap I'm running across online at blogs and news portals and Catholic print.  50 things you must know about that - who says?  Ten commandments nobody taught you - that's so true.  7 gifts Catholics forget to ask for - could it be any more obvious?  6 reasons I hate musicals - I just said that.

BORING!


Now here's something.  I just found out a friend of mine has mental illness.  I always knew something was off but everyone told me I was mean when I said it.  Now I'm proven right.  How did I feel?  Betrayed? Angry? Deceived?  Not really.

But then I thought to myself, "I didn't tell co-workers that I was... well, you know."  I did not want people to know.  I didn't want to be labeled - "don't call me Shirley!"  I didn't even want to be.  Yet co-workers felt: Betrayed.  Angry.  Deceived. 

Lesson learned.  So, I get it. 

Now you understand - that story has substance - it's actually blogging about stuff people really didn't know about or were afraid to tell you about because you probably wouldn't like them anymore if you knew, or others just didn't think to ask - and why should they?  It's none of their damn business.  So really, who cares who the top 10 Catholics of the year were?  Some of those chosen could be nuts or gay or tipplers, or they could be old friends of Bella Dodd - but we will never know for sure unless they tell us.

WHAT?

That's it!
Write him up!



*I know!  Amy Farah Fowler totally made that up.  The statement seems to have been inspired by the following quote from Dr. Alice von Hildebrand: (Hearsay and inadmissable to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints BTW.)
I can only tell you what I know. It is a matter of public record, for instance, that Bella Dodd, the ex-Communist who reconverted to the Church, openly spoke of the Communist Party’s deliberate infiltration of agents into the seminaries. She told my husband and me that when she was an active party member, she had dealt with no fewer than four cardinals within the Vatican “who were working for us.”

4 comments:

  1. You just keep being the best Poodle you can be. I keep telling you, your blog is a public service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the same way, and I love doing "top 10" posts...but it seems like that is all that's being featured out there. It's getting a bit much.

    Jason @ AMC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! Now I'm really confused.

    BTW, I am reading Dawn's book. It is great and one of the best explanations of the Sacred Heart devotion ever. I am delighted to see how much you are quoted, Mr. Nelson. It is an incredibly healing book.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.