Friday, January 04, 2013

11th Day of Christmas...



I think of medieval streets, with partiers, joyously returning home - sort of like Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet.  Yet the best night of Christmas is yet to come...

Last night however, I wanted to set fire to the discarded Christmas trees I encountered throughout the neighborhood!  The light came into the darkness and the darkness grasped it not!  I'm not nuts of course, so I didn't set any fires.  Ah! But how wonderful to be in Italy for the fires of Christmas which are lighted in the town square of hill towns... no intended reference or connection whatsoever to the Protestant custom of 11th Night - to be sure!  Awful.

Merry Christmas!  Never let it go...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.