Sunday, November 11, 2012

Getting crafty...

S. Pascal Shrine


Painted by the blind.

I've been sick and cranky lately - I bet some readers may have noticed.  Add to that, my eyes are getting worse, so the surgery I keep putting off has to be done fairly soon.  I had to get my yearly physical and some dental work done first.  In the meantime, I've taken a break from serious painting to make my retablo stuff.  I've updated the art blog with a couple pieces that are somewhat presentable.  The one shown here is a wood panel I outlined with brass and added a tea-light votive holder to work as a kitchen shrine.

6 comments:

  1. So lovely, Terry. thanks for showing it. btw: what is your eye surgery, if you care to tell ? May we know the date when it arrives, to pray for you ? I had lasik - with a stingy 10 mg of valium, very traumatic, yet so very worth it. I was seriously near-sighted - heavy heavy glasses. anything dealing with one's eyes....scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your poor health, Terry -- especially as it relates to your eyes. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Peace,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your safe eye surgery and fast recovery Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate... Have been restoring a wood-carved Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima that went through Katrina in Chalmette. The house was washed away and Our Mother was under water and muck for weeks. I'd been at it six months, and could only work so long before before the eyes would start to go and I'd have to stop. Frustrating. She's beautiful now though. Anyhow... I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.