"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If you thought bloggers were nutz - you might be right.

Or if you felt you were going nuts - you just might be.

Must read - Study finds: People Who Are Constantly Online Develop Mental Disorders.


The Symptoms:
  • They start fights over stupid things other people write or say on their blogs or in their com boxes.
  • They complain of "too much stuff - too many books" yet keep adding to their wish list and begging for donations.
  • They keep taking down and putting up their blog - or starting new ones.
  • They imagine the world is filled with poodles. 
  • They blog, twit, face-book their lives while talking on their cell phone and playing online games during their soccer-mom-dad chauffeur-time.
  • They keep posting fake profile photos of themselves and start believing that is really what they look like.
  • They compulsively check email, comments, stats, and comment on as many blogs as possible to get more traffic to their site.
  • They get all stressed out as if they missed something - anything - online.
  • They start believing that their opinion and POV matters and the world awaits their every post.
  • They believe they have a 'public' they must play to and maintain a persona for.
  • They believe they are on a mission from God.
  • They think they are God - or maybe just the head of a new Vatican dicastery.
[BTW - Remember those bloggers whose name begins with the initials C and A and J?  They are still locked up in a State mental institution.  What?]


  1. They let me out of the restraints once a day so I can post and check my stats. It's cheaper than meds...

  2. I was gonna read this post earlier, but I had to check my stats.

  3. LOL! It would sound like me except I have a dumb phone that has no games and I can't even text with. (I had the text disabled so I wouldn't have to pay for all those texts I don't want to read.)

    Now I better go take my vitamins so I have the energy to get back to work tomorrow. Darn! did I miss anything while I was on retreat?

  4. You mean that isn't a real photo of you?


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.