Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremonies

"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde


Carry On Nurse?

All I can say is, I wonder what the Queen really thought of all that noise and psychedelics?  She must have said to Philip, "Is this what it has come to?  Is Great Britain's legacy now simply punk-rock-sex-drugs and the www?" 

From the looks of the opening ceremonies, ordinary life in the U.K. has turned into A Clockwork Orange.

Just my impression, BTW.  I enjoyed parts of it - especially the Industrial Revolution segment.

What?


Seriously - it was pretty fantastic over-all - especially The End - loved the pyrotechnics.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I noticed Prince Philip asleep, at one point. He is in his nineties almost, surely?
    I agree about the industrial revolution bit, it was fantastic but it all got a bit noisy after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very spectacular however - and very unique. I loved Her Majesty's acting debut!

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.