"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I can't control the ads.

I think you can.

So you say you can't control the ads on your web site and add ons?  Here are a few ways you can do it:

  • Don't allow ads.
  • Take down your site.
  • Change your host site.
  • Do not use 'free' features/services which stream ads.
  • Use your donations/blog income to pay for a proper ad blocker.


    1. Amen.

      I like your new banner by the way.

    2. Terry whenever I come to your site, this ...AHHH!

      There it is again, "LarryD ads" keep popping up making me buy the oddest things. I now own the entire season of "Star Trek: The Next Patheostic Blorgian".

      In all honesty I agree. I promote a couple of things on my blog... mostly because I believe in their cause. (One is a Catholic Bookstore, and I get some spending money there if people buy through the link). Even if I didn't get a "kick-back" I would support them. The other is coffee. Now everyone promotes that though... so I no longer get anyone linking through me. Oh well, I still support them and would rather buy their coffee than whatever "Free Trade" stuff my parish sells at a much higher cost and more than likely dubious benefactors.

      Sorry for the rant.

    3. I now own the entire season of "Star Trek: The Next Patheostic Blorgian".

      That season totally rocked!

    4. A number of people must complain because I see the "I can't control the ads" disclaimer a lot.


    Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.