Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Jewess


+

"In aridity and emptiness the soul becomes humble. Former pride disappears when a man no longer finds in himself anything that might cause him to look down on others." - St. Edith Stein, Science of the Cross
Today is the memorial of St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, OCD, a Catholic Jew.  She died with her people, executed in the gas chambers of Auschwitz in 1942.
.
"For I could wish that I myself was accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my own people, my kindred according to the flesh." - Romans 9:1-5

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    I like her. Years ago I read a bunch of her stuff. She was a real smart lady.

    Peace,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gette6:00 PM

    I love her. I predict she will one day be named a Doctor of the Church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dimpled chinned darling and I can't help but look at St. Theresa with the same sort of admiration.

    There's always a bit of calm sweetness in her photos.

    And she was a mental Giant.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.