"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

Ornament.
.
Over the years I have collected antique repousse, ornament for furniture and trophies and other object d'art. I used these things for my own decorative art - often on painted boxes and eggs that I sold over the years. Today I only have scraps of what had been a fairly large inventory, collected in Europe, and flea markets in the U. S. - they remain little treasures I take out from time to time to admire.
.
My apologies for the poor quality of the scan, and I mixed categories by inserting a crest from an old blazer - the rest of the collection is brass or bronze, often with a gold wash (gold d'ore). (Click photo to enlarge.)

3 comments:

  1. The bottom, left, is that Our Lady of Victories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - you are there! I wondered if you still read. Yes - it is OL of Victories - although in bad shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read everyday! :>

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.