"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poetry Thursday is back!

Something so right.

They've got a wall in china,

Its a thousand miles long -

To keep out the foreigners they made it strong -

And I've got a wall around me

That you can't even see...

When something goes wrong

I'm the first to admit it -


And the last one to know.

When something goes right -

Well its likely to lose me,

Its apt to confuse me,

Because its such an unusual sight... - Paul Simon


  1. Thanks for the Paul Simon poem. I love the simplicity of it. Peace. Jon :)

  2. I had forgotten Paul Simon wrote it... I think of it as Annie Lennox sang it...

  3. Doughboy - I think he was one of the Spice Girls.

    Who's Paul Simon...


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.