Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Because they believe in their heart.






I'm watching the hearings, listening to testimony and actual calls by Trump. Out and out lies. I'm totally shocked - that people 'believe in their heart' that Trump is innocent. That the election was stolen.
I read this morning that the Republican party of Texas has as part of their platform the belief that the election was stolen. There are so many online who believe that. They can hear Trump's raging as they watch this testimony. You know they reject it - they think all of these people are lying. It's incomprehensible to me. "They believe in their heart" though the evidence to the contrary is right in front of them.

Many of these people are Catholics who also are convinced that Pope Francis is not really the Pope, that Benedict's resignation was invalid. They reject everything from this Pope and follow pre-Vatican II rules and rubrics, because "they know in their hearts" they are right.

It is incomprehensible to me.


3 comments:

  1. I lived through the Nixon years. His defenders stuck with him till the infamous tapes caught him plotting the cover up of illegal activities to subvert the 1972 Presidential election. He lost his support among Senate Republicans & resigned before impeachment. We live in different times. No matter how much evidence is presented DJT has them hogtied. They have his back. I do not expect any consequences for him. His underlings maybe. Like Nixon, who prior to 1972, had a checked history, he most likely will come back to assert his warped version of America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I lived through Nixon as well - but I hope he has to pay for his crimes.

      Delete
  2. I think many want to think of Trump as the hope for the future of this country. He is unashamedly pro-life/anti-abortion, the economy was undeniably left in a very healthy condition before Biden took over, and the country and our military retained our honor, which was devastated during the Afghanistan withdrawal.

    The fact that DJT is an utter jerk, a bully, and delusional gets overlooked when he is compared to JB - who, on the surface, is such a "nice" guy.

    The great tragedy of the 2020 election, IMHO, is that people voted for personalities instead of issues. Or they voted against, rather than for, anyone.

    I apologize if this is off topic, but what we really need is morally upright, decent, strong candidates for every office from dog catcher to President. Men and women who love our country with moral convictions and a spine. Who are honest and speak and live the truth, whether it is the popular thing to do or not. And who are not spoiled bullies, nor phonies who buy power by denying and betraying the honor of our country and of their religious beliefs.

    My thoughts are a bit scattered, but I feel sure you understand what I am getting at, dear Mr. H and Terry. God bless and protect us all.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.