Friday, March 25, 2022

The hope of nations be accomplished beyond all telling.




For the grace of God has appeared, saving all...
- Titus 2:11

Today is the long awaited Consecration.  What a wonderful prayer of Consecration from the Holy Father.  For me, everything speaks of the mystery of grace today, from the Mother of Divine Grace.  Every reading, every psalm, and of course every prayer at Mass.  From today's preface:

For the Virgin Mary heard with faith

that the Christ was to be born among men and for men's sake

by the overshadowing power of the Holy Spirit.

Lovingly she bore him in her immaculate womb,

that the promises to the children of Israel might come about

and the hope of nations be accomplished beyond all telling.

Through him the host of Angels adores your majesty

and rejoices in your presence for ever.

May our voices, we pray, join with theirs

in one chorus of exultant praise, as we acclaim:

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts… - Preface of the Mystery of the Incarnation


Queen of Peace, obtain peace for our world.

O Mother, may your sorrowful plea stir our hardened hearts. May the tears you shed for us make this valley parched by our hatred blossom anew. Amid the thunder of weapons, may your prayer turn our thoughts to peace. May your maternal touch soothe those who suffer and flee from the rain of bombs. May your motherly embrace comfort those forced to leave their homes and their native land. May your Sorrowful Heart move us to compassion and inspire us to open our doors and to care for our brothers and sisters who are injured and cast aside. - Consecration

7 comments:

  1. I watched the Consecration live. I was deeply touched with the sincere devotion of Pope Francis. I cried. I did not expect the depth of feeling. I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was deeply moved as well. I am thankful too.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I kind of thought it was a miracle that the Holy Father accomplished the consecration covering all the requirements needed. I hope that the Russians will retreat and peace will extend throughout the world and that countless souls will be saved. I'm so grateful for this grace, for this Pope and Our Lady's maternal protection.

      Delete
    4. I also was moved by the Pope’s homily on contrition, penance & forgiveness He is above all a pastoral Pope. I thank God for him.

      Delete
  2. Prayed the consecration at Church with our priest after Mass this morning. A joy beyond all telling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed at noon with Cardinal Dolan at St. Patrick's Cathedral. There were clearly some tourists - I hope it touched their hearts as a preparation for conversion. I was moved by the prayer and especially by knowing I was praying with millions of fellow believers around the world

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.