Monday, February 07, 2022

God is in all things, sustains all things, directs all things.





“Through the long years of isolation and suffering, God had led me to an understanding of life and his love that only those who have experienced it can fathom. He had stripped away from me many of the external consolations, physical and religious, that men rely on and had left me with a core of seemingly simple truths to guide me. And yet what a profound difference they had made in my life, what strength they gave me, what courage to go on!”
- Walter J. Ciszek, He Leadeth Me

4 comments:

  1. A timely thought worth reflecting on. Many of the great saints speak of the emptying of self to allow the fullness of God. Some nights lately I just hold my rosary unable to pray it. I never experienced this before and do not know what to think. I feel it is the opposite of what is described here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if that is bad. Lately, I've experienced it every time I go to pray - sort of a suspension of vocal prayer and an abiding in silence - still holding my rosary, completely aware of the presence of God, but allowing myself to be silent - no petitions, no vocal prayer - nothing. I think maybe that is a grace - a real prayer - listening and presence. Those of us on this blog must be brothers and sisters in the Spirit.

      Delete
  2. Ok so this is weird. I usually pray my rosary on the drive to work but I've been just unable to pray it. Instead just allowing myself to drive in silence, listening in awareness, feeling bad that I'm not praying but not bothered at the same time. Is that still prayer? So easy to doubt...but I just give my enoughness to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems endemic. I am glad to not be alone in this. I think. Never have I experienced this before. I cannot explain it. Not happening every time, but when it does I am strangely still & silent.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.