Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The dead are very close to us in Advent...



Because we the living, along with the souls of the departed, await the coming of Christ together.

Don't over think what I'm trying to say.  Don't get all theological or dogmatic about it - especially who is saved or who is not, or where the departed are now. 

This morning at prayer the thought came to me that the dead are very near.  I thought of people I hadn't thought of for a long time, not just relatives either.  People I met briefly, or knew for a time and then lost track of - they come to mind.  Sometimes I think they need prayers, and I do what I can.  Other times I wonder if they are near to help me prepare for my own death.

They are near, I'm sure of it.  They go before us, we are left behind, but they encourage us to 'catch up' ... every Advent reminding us that together, we await our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.