Wednesday, October 02, 2019

I get emails.




I have no authority, no office to speak for the Pope or the Church...

A good friend of the blog expressed concern over my recent postings, as well as my post poking fun at Voris.  I share my response publicly, since I know others most likely have similar concerns.

Thanks for letting me know your concerns – I removed the Michael Voris post. 
I don’t think I have changed much at all, but I’m deeply disappointed with the numerous critics taking jabs at the Pope and suggesting he is tainted by heresy. Your friend’s post is just fine, I feel sorry she takes offense at what the Holy Father says and feels insulted. I don’t understand how anyone would take what he says as an insult? He speaks from great experience and years of study and discernment, so if a good man reprimands someone, it is indeed a kindness, as one of the psalms tells us. 
I don’t hang on his every word he says, especially if what is said finds no application in my life.  To my knowledge, he has never contradicted the teaching of the Church – or changed any doctrine. He’s obviously shares his experience of opening doors and helping people ‘untie the knots’ of their particular state in life. What he says and does privately is known to him and the soul he is dealing with. It’s private, unless a person discloses something the Pope told him. Then, it is the person’s interpretation being repeated, not necessarily what the Pope actually said. Likewise, it is not any of my business. 
I do get tired of all the attacks against the Holy Father and will post about them, as well as post the good things the Pope does. My moral life, my faith, and my obedience has not changed. I adhere to Catholic teaching and I trust the Holy Spirit guides the Church. We have good bishops who speak about their concerns publicly, which sometimes feeds into a negative POV among the reactionary segments of laity and clergy - who are confused by social media and press reports – esp. concerning the upcoming synod. Yet they are good bishops who have made their concerns known to the Holy Father. The Holy Father knows about these concerns, and in good faith, I trust he is working towards a solution - in his own way.
Good to hear from you! You know I never mind it when people delete me from their links – it’s always a grace – for both parties – I hope. I have no authority, no office to speak for the Pope or the Church - I simply log my personal opinion and experiences.
Wishing you a lovely feast day of the Angels!



2 comments:

  1. I find you always to be gracious and fair. Your support of Papa Francis is a breath of fresh air especially in the hostile anti-Francis online world. No thanks for that part of the web.

    Thank you Terry and you too have a blessed feast day of the Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get many e mails from husksters too. I delete them, but they are never satisfied and keep sending them.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.