Monday, April 15, 2019

The Fire of Notre Dame de Paris

La Vierge Noire De Paris (Notre Dame De Bonne Délivrance)
priez pour nous!  Priez pour Paris!

Je vous salue, Marie, 
pleine de grâces, 
le Seigneur est avec vous; 
vous ętes bénie entre toutes les femmes, 
et Jésus le fruit de vos entrailles, est béni. 
Sainte Marie, Mère de Dieu, 
priez pour nous pécheurs, 
maintenant, 
et à l'heure de notre mort. Amen.


I have no words to express my sorrow.  I pray in thanksgiving that the damage seems to have been primarily to the roof; the vaulted ceiling protecting the majority of the interior of the Cathedral.  President Macron promises to restore the structure.

I painted all day, having come upstairs, I turned on news and was startled to find out Notre Dame was burning.  It was surreal.  I went to the adoration chapel to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.