Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Something to think about ...



"You will be hated by all because of my name,
but not a hair on your head will be destroyed.
By your perseverance you will secure your lives." - Luke 21:19

“Across that threshold I had been afraid to cross, things suddenly seemed so very simple. There was but a single vision, God, who was all in all; there was but one will that directed all things, God's will. I had only to see it, to discern it in every circumstance in which I found myself, and let myself be ruled by it. God is in all things, sustains all things, directs all things. To discern this in every situation and circumstance, to see His will in all things, was to accept each circumstance and situation and let oneself be borne along in perfect confidence and trust. Nothing could separate me from Him, because He was in all things. No danger could threaten me, no fear could shake me, except the fear of losing sight of Him. The future, hidden as it was, was hidden in His will and therefore acceptable to me no matter what it might bring. The past, with all its failures, was not forgotten; it remained to remind me of the weakness of human nature and the folly of putting any faith in self. But it no longer depressed me. I looked no longer to self to guide me, relied on it no longer in any way, so it could not again fail me. By renouncing, finally and completely, all control of my life and future destiny, I was relieved as a consequence of all responsibility. I was freed thereby from anxiety and worry, from every tension, and could float serenely upon the tide of God's sustaining providence in perfect peace of soul.” ― Walter J. Ciszek, He Leadeth Me

So yeah - keep on embellishing the Third Secret...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote....reminds me of another "saint" whose feast is today and was also a Jesuit - Blessed Bernardo Francisco de Hoyos. I wish so much that there was a good book about him easily available in English because I am intrigued by his nuptial relationship with Christ and what this means or looks like for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot it was his feast day - thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. I love Fr. Ciszek, but not sure what this has to do with the third secret of Fatima.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's Gospel reminded me of the part when Our Lady said 'the good will be martyred'.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful statement of abandonment to God. It makes me painfully aware of my own limitations. I can't imitate Fr. Ciszek even though I see he found such peace. I supposed I'd be grateful if I could once write his name without having to look up the spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'the good will be martyred' by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions....

    I wonder who these soldiers will be and why they are so infuriated at those faithful who make a religious procession going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross?

    Who has the Cross & who has the guns?

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.