Friday, October 28, 2016

I wish I could live here ...

-source-


And never leave.

I've been thinking of this photo since I first saw it at Badger's blog.

Doesn't it 'lift up your heart' though?  It does mine.  Such beauty.

It brings to mind the psalm, "One day within your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere..."

And, "I had rather lie abject on the threshold of the house of God, than dwell in the tents of the wicked."

I could be like the sparrow who finds a home there, close to His altars.  If I could, I would be content to remain there, hidden, off to the side, so as not to scandalize anyone.




2 comments:

  1. Have you read this from Catholic Culture.org?

    http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=29774

    Pope makes complete overhaul of Vatican liturgical congregation

    Only a matter of time, if not already, before the blogs light up again. I don't understand any of it and will continue to strive to worship and praise Jesus at Mass and to grow in the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are the sparrow, then I am the crow getting chased away with a broom.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.