Sunday, December 07, 2014

There is no saint left ...


Where have you hidden, O my Beloved?


The Ethiopians have moved.

They left the church across the street for a larger one closer to downtown - it is also a nicer one, architecturally.  It is bigger and I think parking is less of a problem.  I emailed asking for confirmation - although they are now listing the new address as their home online - so I think they are gone.

How much joy they brought to me - to know the Divine Liturgy was celebrated right across the street.  Perhaps my sentiment is similar to how the Ethiopians must have felt when the Holy Family left them to return to Nazareth.  They were chosen and blessed to have sheltered the exiled Holy Family as they traveled through their district when escaping Herod ...

Yesterday was light up night at my house - for St. Nicholas of course - I left the lights on all night for the Ethiopians, who begin to arrive for Divine Liturgy at 4:00 AM - I thought it would add to their joy.

It is a good reminder that we are but strangers and pilgrims.

"Let us go to him outside the camp, bearing the insult which he bore. For here we have no lasting city; we are seeking one which is to come. Through him let us continually offer God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips which acknowledge his name." - Hebrews 13: 13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.