"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Bill Donohue got the memo: "We will not march!"

Bill Donohue issued the following remarks yesterday:

The Catholic League, which has marched in 
New York City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade for 20 years, 
will not do so in 2015. - Catholic League

No, no, no, Mike!
My reasons for withdrawing from the parade 
have nothing to do with Cardinal Dolan or with the gays.

Editor's note:  BTW.  I think there is a strong possibility this just might be a way of creating an 'out' for Cardinal Dolan.  The Cardinal can now say, "The Catholic League made me aware of this oversight and in conscience I have to back out as Homecoming King/Grand Marshall of the parade."  When the going gets tough, play the pro-life card and you are so off the hook.  Not that anything's wrong with that.  


  1. Songs for this post:

  2. I hate Bohemian Rhapsody, Dust Blowin' in the Wind is too nostaligic - I would never ever deliberately listen to it. You can't choose songs for my posts anymore.

  3. LOL.the Catholic League won't march, that means Bill and his wife.

    I love the picture Terry..it gave me my first big laugh of the day!

    1. I'm glad - while you were commenting I added my conspiracy theory at the end.

    2. When this picture first caught my eye, I smiled...the gaiety of it all adds to the enjoyment. ^^

      Great touch up too. <3


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.