Wednesday, February 27, 2013

PBS Documetary on Modern Feminism



"Makers: Women Who Make America"

I watched most of it last night.  I think everyone probably should have watched it.  It tells the story of how the culture changed - radically.

Even the feminists insist they could not have done it without contraception and abortion. 

Like I've always said, contraception is the original sin of modern culture-civilization.  It is also why the legalization of gay marriage is seen as a civil right.
MAKERS: Women Who Make America tells the remarkable story of the most sweeping social revolution in American history, as women have asserted their rights to a full and fair share of political power, economic opportunity, and personal autonomy. It’s a revolution that has unfolded in public and private, in courts and Congress, in the boardroom and the bedroom, changing not only what the world expects from women, but what women expect from themselves. MAKERS brings this story to life with priceless archival treasures and poignant, often funny interviews with those who led the fight, those who opposed it, and those first generations to benefit from its success. Trailblazing women like Hillary Rodham Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey share their memories, as do countless women who challenged the status quo in industries from coal-mining to medicine. Makers captures with music, humor, and the voices of the women who lived through these turbulent times the dizzying joy, aching frustration and ultimate triumph of a movement that turned America upside-down. - Makers

2 comments:

  1. I watched it and thought it was well done, and can understand why all the pro-feminists interviewed were do gleeful. If I thought like them, I'd be happy, too. Instead, it made me sad - knowing and understanding what I do re: the reality of man/woman relationships, marriage, procreation, etc., and how *easy* it is to *not* understand the truth and just follow one's feelings and apparent reality. I thought they were somewhat condescending about Phyllis Schlafly, too. While giving her credit for being a smart woman, they basically said she was all about happy homemakers and a hypocrite for taking advantage of what the feminists had given her the 'right' and ability to pursue: a public life.

    Baloney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I was, I suppose, such a liberal, I never liked Shoefly, as Archie Bunker pronounced it. I would typically have ranked her at the top of the list of Stepford Wives. Until the last couple of decades or so, I never paid much attention to contraception and abortion or ERA. The POV expressed about Schlafly last night wasn't as hostile as it once was - but it was patronizing.

    I have to agree however, that many of the opportunities women have today would never be there without radical feminists. I think I told that to Barbara Nicolosi once - Catholic women seem not to appreciate my saying it however.

    It's the contraceptive/abortion mentality and demand that I loath and condemn. Such radical feminism has caused the dissolution of marriage and family, as well as the emasculation of men - esp. fathers. Likewise, it was the seedbed for the gay rights movement, as is clearly demonstrated in the documentary.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.