Monday, February 25, 2013

The Ascent of Pope Benedict XVI



Dear brothers and sisters, I feel that this Word of God is particularly directed at me, at this point in my life. The Lord is calling me to "climb the mountain", to devote myself even more to prayer and meditation. But this does not mean abandoning the Church, indeed, if God is asking me to do this it is so that I can continue to serve the Church with the same dedication and the same love with which I have done thus far, but in a way that is better suited to my age and my strength. Let us invoke the intercession of the Virgin Mary: may she always help us all to follow the Lord Jesus in prayer and works of charity. - Sunday Angelus, Source
 
Uniting my prayer to the Holy Father's prayer, praying with him and for him, united in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. 
 

2 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Some people think that a cloistered or contemplative religious has "run away from the world," but the opposite is true. There are few places as effective as a cloister for getting to the heart of the world. But we will never learn in this life how even the greatest of tides were turned by prayers offered in silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E - that is absolutely true. Thanks.

    In some way, it seems to me, this is how Benedict is concluding his reform - concluding or accomplishing it rather. His example is of great importance for the renewal of monastic contemplative life - which is the heart of the Church.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.