"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh look! I'm just like Gramick! I'm in a habit.



I found all my old Picassa albums online, and came across this.  It is a photo of me as a novice in a monastery.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, which order monastic do you belong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepe - I am not a monk. At the time of the photo I was in a Trappist monastery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you learn anything while you were there?

    *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pablo,
    I'm Terry learned lots of things while he was there. I'm sure he learned patience is a virtue.

    Terry,
    You look happy in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I was happy then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's your old photo when you were once a Discalced Carmelite? I bet you already shaved your beard now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were you Br. Chris?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww ... the other baby-faced Nelson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John - yes - Christian was my name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do I know this is really you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Char - you just have to take my word for it. It is me though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, I see no hint of mischief in that face, just a sweet expression. Are you sure that's you?

    I don't know if that time was a joyful one for you, but you certainly do look happy.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.