Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Another thing...


I was supposed to be someplace today but I couldn't make it.
.
Sunday a friend asked me what I do with my time when I am not painting or working in the yard.  People really want to know what I do - Do I volunteer?  Do I go to church?  Do I visit people?  Do I travel?  They really want to know what I do.  I always answer, "Nothing."  When pressed, I reply, "Really, I don't do anything."  It is the same with my health, "How are you doing?"  Again, I answer, "I'm doing fine."  They press, "No, how are you really?  How's your health?"  I answer, "I'm doing well - really."  "But how is this or that you had problems with?"
.
"Every thing is fine, I assure you."  At least that is what I tell the curious ones.
.
"God never commands the impossible, as St. Augustine states, but in commanding He admonishes us to do what we can and to ask (pray) for grace to accomplish what we ourselves cannot do." - Providence, Garrigou-Lagrange