"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, September 28, 2009

What writing does for me.


"Me too!" - said the Pope.
.
In an interview with John Allen (NCR), the Holy Father replied to a question concerning the healing of his wrist, saying he was pleased to be able to write again, explaining: "My thinking develops above all through writing."
.
That is exactly the same for me, it is the reason I write - and paint. My thinking develops above all through writing and painting - if not one, the other.
.

The Holy Father is so humble.

4 comments:

  1. If I couldn't write I'd be wearing a bright white jacket with reeeeally long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing helps me but only wearing a bright white jacket with reeeeeally long sleeves. rotflol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too learned this about a year and a half ago. Unfortunately at other peoples expense.... Sorry Mr.Terry.

    Angela , Once my frugal Internet provider (my husband) brought one of those straight jackets home. Why , you may be saying to yourself? Well he hated to see them go to the trash because there must have been some good use for them....
    Hum... I couldn't think of one good use. Besides I could only think about the poor soul who must have had to wear it. It went into the trash even though there was a lot of good leather on it.

    Frugality over-kill.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.